Recipe by Valerie Hugus (source: “Everyday Cakes, Pies, and Cookies”, by Goosebery Patch – JoAnn & Vickie)
- 2.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 0.5 (1/2) tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 Tsp instant coffee granulas
- 0.5 cup chopped pecans
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Mix them well.
- Press into a greased of 13″ x 9″ baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degree for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and spread with frosting*
- Cut into bars.
- 1 Tsp butter (softened)
- 0.75 (3/4) cup powdered sugar
- 0.125 (1/8) tsp almond extract
- 1 Tsp water
- Blend in small bowl until smooth and creamy.
Note: Tsp (= Tablespoon), tsp (teaspoon)