Living in the U.S. doesn’t mean that you will loose chances to cook your favorite Asian dishes, like Chicken Porridge, using a quite simple method.
Serve for 6 -8 people.
First of all, make sure that you have rice (3 cups), ground chicken ( 1 lb.), ginger (1 cm), garlic (3 cloves), and chicken broth (preference).
Second, here comes the steps:
- In a large pot, mix the rice and 3/4 of ground chicken. Pour some water into the pot until 1/2 full. Bring it to boil. Make sure to stir it frequently.
- In a sauce pan, pour the chicken broth and add it with minced garlic +sliced ginger. Add some pepper and salt to strengthen the taste. If there’s no chicken broth available in you.r kitchen or fridge, then you can skip this step and mix the ginger + garlic with the rice + ground chicken.
- In a small skillet, saute the remaining 1/4 ground chicken in sesame oil. Add pepper and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Add the sauted ground chicken into the large pot, and mix them well.
- Cook the Porridge for 45 -60 minutes in a medium to low heat.
- Serve the Porridge with soy sauce, fried onion, chopped scallions, tong cai, and chilli sauce.
Enjoy the recipe!