I love eating rice, and if I have a leftover rice, making a fried rice is all I can think of. All I have to do is to keep the leftover in a fridge and make sure that I will cook them before a week!
Serve: 5 – 7 people.
These are my ingredients:
- Take out the leftover rice from fridge and let it stand for 1 – 2 hours.
- Mix and blend in a processor (seasoning A): 3 cloves of garlic, 4 cloves of shallots, 3/4 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, 1/2teaspoon chilli flakes.
- In a small bowl, mix (seasoning B): 2 tablespoon of oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon of sweet soy sauce (kecap manis), 1 tablespoon of ketchup.
- Additional compound: peel and cut 2 carrots into small pieces + 2 tablespoon of sweet green peas + 2 tablespoon of scallion + 4 eggs.
- 1 + 2 tablespoon of cooking oil.
- For garnish: fried onion.
Here comes the steps:
- In a big skillet, pour 1 tablespoon of cooking oil, fry the eggs and turn them into scramble egg. Set them aside.
- Pour 2 tablespoon of cooking oil, saute the seasoning A for 30 second and pour the seasoning B into the skillet. Mix them for 1 minute.
- Pour the additional compound into the skillet. Mix them for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Put the scramble eggs back to the skillet, then pour the leftover rice. Mix them for 3 – 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Garnish with fried onion.