I was raised in the midst of baked macaroni schotel’s culture. Yes, my late mom loved to cooK it, or sometimes order it, for us. So yesterday, while little kids in our neighborhood busy trick or treating, I was busy baking it in my kitchen.
Serve: 7 – 9 people
- Rotini pasta pack (16 oz) – boiled.
- 1 large egg – shaked.
- Ground beef (1.5 lbs)
- 1/2 of small onion (chopped)
- 4 tablespoon of all-purpose flour.
- 1 + 4 tablespoon of butter.
- 3 cups of milk.
- 1 pound of shredded cheddar cheese.
- 2 tablespoon of bread crumb.
- For taste, mix: 1 teaspoon of salt + 1 teaspoon of pepper + 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- For garnish: 2 tablespoon of shredded parmesan cheese.
- In a medium skillet, melt 1 tablespoon of butter, then saute the onion and ground beef for 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 4 tablespoon of butter. Pour the flour and saute for about 1 minuses, then gradually add the milk and stir them for about 2 minutes.
- Put the beef in the large skillet, add the spices, stir for 1 minute, then bring in the boiled rotini and cheddar cheese. Stir for about 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Prepare a large baking pan, spray with cooking spray, put the rotini batter into it then pour with egg and bread crumb.
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
- Baked for 25 – 30 minutes at 350 degree F.
Hop you enjoy my recipe!