It’s been raining all day since a week ago in New Hampshire, and yesterday night I was thinking about making a sweet treat for my family while watching “Survivors” together: a green beans porridge!
How to make it? Just follow the simple instructions below.
Serve: 5 -7 people.
- 15 oz. Green beans (I was using Korean mung beans).
- 400 ml. Coconut milk
- 250 g. Javanese palm sugar (you can buy them in Asian grocery stores).
- 1 sheet of Pandan leaf.
- 2 cm. Ginger.
- 1000 – 1300 ml. Water.
- Rinse the green beans in cold water.
- In a large sauce pan: pour the water and bring it to boil. Pour in the giinger, pandan leaf, and green beans. Let it cooked for about 30 minutes.
- Put in the palm sugar. Stir them for about 2 – 3minutes.
- Put in the coconut milk. Stir again for about 1 minute.
- Don’t forget to taste them. Make sure it is sweet yet savory enough to entertain your family 😉